Narrative – Respecting your parents

MUM, can I please have some time on my device?

“No, you have to do your homework, then you can spend some time on your Ipad” mum always expected me to do something good to have some time on my Ipad. That was the number one rule in the house. 

Jack didn’t want to do his homework, so he lied to his mother, “ MUMM, I’m done with my homework, I’m going to get my Ipad”. Mum believed him and let him go on his device.

A couple of hours later, Jack was still on the Ipad. . After mum was finished cooking, she went to Jack’s room to get his clothes for the washing, just to find his homework on his bed unfinished, untouched. 

Mum was mad, she picked up his homework and stormed off to the living room where Jack was shocked when she saw his mum with his homework in her hand. Jack started to panic trying to think of an excuse to get him out of the situation. 

“ What is this??” mum shouted. “ I’m sorry mum, I wanted time on my Ipad, I’m sorry.” Mum was mad, so she told him “ You better finish your homework unless you have no iPad for a whole week, now hurry up and finish your homework!” mum shouted. 

This is a lesson to listen to your parents and never disobey them. Listen to your parents. 

One thought on “Narrative – Respecting your parents

1. Hello Avania,

Yes I know about the first one if you want to go on your device you have to work for it. And yes always RESPECT!! YOUR!! PARENTS!!