Te Oro

Today, Room7 went to Te Oro.
We went to learn how to make Poi, for our Kapa Haka group. Once we got to Te Oro, we went inside with Fire Benny.

Fire Benny, gave us all foam, scissors and also 3 different coloured wool Red, Black and White.
First with our cubed foam, with our foam we had to cut it in a circle shape, it was kinda hard shaping the cubed foam. After we took our foam and each colour we had to measure an arm length and do it three times so we have three stings, we had to do it to all three colours.
After having our circle foam and our three coloured stings, we had to tie the three strings together, then with our foam we had to dig a hole in the middle on top so we could put our strings inside.
After all that we had a big cube and wrap wool around it at least 30 times, after wrapping it, we had the wrap of string then tie the three strings together with the big strings, so it can stay together and braid the three colours strings, after that we had to wrap plastic bag to our foam, then we were all done.

During our lesson, I had a lot of fun making Poi with my class. I can make a poi without asking. After cleaning up, we all sat down and me, Headgirl and Headboy thanked Fire Benny for teaching us how to make poi